Paintless Dent Repair, PDR, is the removal of dents from metal body work using either a push (from behind the damaged panel with speciliased rods) or pull method (glue) without the need to respray, maintaining originality and the need for time consuming repairs.
This service is provided by our service partner Farouk Dearham. It can be done mobile (callout fee applies, non refundable) or it can be done at our premises perhaps together with a polish, valet or car wash for a one stop experience. (in-house booking then policy applies).
The best method depends on the location of dent and access to it. It could even mean the use of both! This is also a factor that contributes to the price you will pay. For example you need a dent removed from the rear fender. To get to it, the car must be jacked up, wheel and fender cover removed to then be able to work on the dent and then afterward replace everything. Or another example, to get to your roof the inner roof liner or ceiling needs to be dropped!
Farouk’s policy for dent removal; if it cant be repaired there is no charge. In general a dent to either zero or an unnoticeable at closer than normal viewing range (normal viewing range is 1.5m)
The price of PDR can range from a minimum of R350 to a few thousand. This will depend on factors like:
- #1 Each dent is unique
- Access and what needs to be done to get it
- Is it accross a body line …
- Behind a cross brace …
- Roof, fender, bonnet etc …
- Aluminium vs Steel
Drivers side door on body line before
How to book PDR
- It’s possible to quote by sending a photo via whatsapp preferred (or email).
- It is of course best to arrange an in-person inspection to be 100%
- We will quote an approximate price range ( i.e. minimum and maximum) as the pic will only be able to give us the location of the dent which we can use to determine access strategy and a rough idea of size and by that means approximate pricing.
- We then look at mobile or where you come to us and arrange a date and time for that to occur.
- For mobile: A non refundable call out fee of R350 which will get deducted from the job amount for whatever is repairable.
- No deposit for coming to us to inspect.
Note: Please remember we can only identify and remove dents from a clean car. If we come to you, please ensure your car has been washed. If you coming to us you can book it for a wash.